So holy heck, we’ve only been around for seven months or so and we’ve received our fist blogger award! Hopefully there’s a brothahood out there to recognize Travis for his awesome posts of awesomeness.
We were nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Woo! In order to accept this award, I will
- Thank the blogger that nominated me and link back to their site
- Put the award logo on my blog
- Answer the 10 questions sent to me
- Nominate 7 other blogs
- Give the nominees 10 questions of my own
First off, big THANKS to triSARAHtops for nominating us! Your writing style is so quirky and fun. Your posts are an interesting way to start or end the day. Because of your goodwill and interest in our work, we get to spread the love, too!
Here are the 10 questions I got to answer:
1. Why do you write? I’ve always written for myself. It’s really fun and also a real kick in the butt. I’ve always used writing as a way to remember my thoughts and feelings. I don’t just write blog posts, but I write manuscripts and I keep a personal journal. I have at least twenty of those.
2. What is your favorite fictional character? Viola from Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night.
3. If you could only read three books (or series) for the rest of your life, what would they be? Decoy Princess by Dawn Cook, Lady of Ch’iao Kuo: Red Bird of the South by Lawrence Yep, and the Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore. I got introduced to these strong female leads at a young age and it’s books like these that shaped who I am as a writer.
4. Do you travel? I love to travel when we can afford it! I traveled a lot as a kid. If I could, I would re-visit my favorite corners of the world, but I’ve always wanted to see India, China, and Australia.
5. If yes, where is the best place you have ever been? If I had to pick, it’d be Denmark and Germany. Mainly because I don’t go there as a tourist; they’re familiar places with family and friends.
6. Truthfully, have you ever mistaken an article on The Onion as factual? I can’t think of a time that I have. However, I did read an article once about a girl who sold her “invisible artwork” for millions. Knowing the art world, it didn’t really shock me. As I scrolled through the angry comments, someone piped up, “Um, this is actually the Canadian version of The Onion. You can all relax.”
7. What is your favorite genre to read? Fiction fantasy with a side of fairytales. With the right storyteller, you get such a rich writing style that is fun to read or hear.
8. What is your favorite genre to write? Same. I’m working on the rich writing style part.
9. What kind of happy dance do you do whenever you get a new subscriber? Oh, the usual freestyle hip hop stuff with my jams blaring in the background.
10. Honestly, how do you really feel about the Peer Recognition Blogger Awards? They may not mean much to some, but it’s a way to let people know that what they’re posting is actually of value to them. What blogger/writer doesn’t get excited when someone reads their stuff and likes it?
In no particular order, I would like to nominate my blogger sisters to this fun award. You should definitely check out their inspiring and kick-ass work.
- Early Returned Honor
- The Rolling Writer
- Bumble Books
- Kate M. Colby She’s already been nominated but she’s still super cool.
- Lauren Skidmore
- Jessica W Frazier
- Rinner Rinner
Ladies, please answer the following. It’s a list-post kind of day:
- Why do you write?
- If you could change one thing about a movie or a book, what would it be?
- What was your nickname in high school?
- What is something you enjoy doing besides writing?
- What is the most frustrating thing about writing?
- What book do you recommend the most to your friends?
- Do you know a second language? Third? Fourth?
- What is the dumbest job interview question you’ve ever had to answer?
- If you’re writing a book, who is your favorite character? Why?
- Do you let family members or friends read your manuscripts or personal work before it’s done? Why or why not?
Moral of the story: your work matters. Even if you’re writing posts and you don’t think anyone really cares, there’s bound to be someone. Share the love, Leute!