Well, we earned this a few weeks ago, and now we’re ready to accept! Thank you so much LeeAnn for nominating us! You can see her post and learn more about her here.
According to Okoto Enigma, the original creator of this award: “The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10—20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Whitney:
- I make my own costumes! I usually make 1–2 costumes a year and cosplay whenever I can.
- I still write in cursive. I learned cursive in the 5th grade and I’ve stuck with it ever since.
- I’m pretty buff. I regularly lift weights at the gym and I can lift up to 100 lbs. depending on the exercise.
My answers to Robin LeeAnn’s questions:
What inspires you to write? When I write fiction, I’m generally inspired by what I read. I like reading a lot of fairy tale retellings, so I like to read those then determine what stories I could tell that aren’t on the bookshelf. When I write blog posts, I’m inspired by current struggles and triumphs I face as a writer. I’m also influenced by current events or topics I’m currently interested in. I’m inspired to write whenever I think of something I’ve learned that I want to share with others.
What’s the best writing advice you’ve received? Any and all variations of “Write that damn novel!” All other advice is useless if you don’t write out your draft and give your dream a shot.
What’s a hobby of yours besides reading and writing? Weight lifting, cross stitching, drawing, dancing, and playing Pokémon Go!
What made you start writing? I had a story idea in middle school and it wouldn’t leave me alone. Since then, I’ve been figuring out how to keep writing and one day publish my work.
What’s your favorite anime/TV show? Favorite anime is Sailor Moon and favorite TV show is Star Wars: Clone Wars.
Five questions for my nominees:
- What do you like the most about yourself?
- Do you mix personal with the professional on your social media platforms—and what do you share with your followers?
- What’s your personality type? (share whichever quiz or test you like the most)
- How long have you been blogging?
- What’s the next goal you plan on tackling?
My best posts:
- 12 Types of People You Meet as a Writer—LOTR Edition
- 8 Podcasts to Soothe Creatives & Pump Up Positive Vibes
- It’s 2017: How Can We Write More & Better Diverse Characters?
Thanks again to LeeAnn for this award! This was fun and it always brightens our day to hear that what we have to say is useful and enjoyable to others.