Hello readers, writers, and friends!
As 2022 comes to a close, I’m updating y’all on something very important to both of us. Travis and I have been trying to start a family since late 2019. In early 2021, I was diagnosed with PCOS. It’s been three total years of trying and wondering what’s “wrong.”
I’m fortunate enough to still have a chance of getting pregnant but it’s going to involve invasive treatments. My specialist explained how we could get pregnant within a year but at a cost—literally.
Right now, we’re working on saving our money and preparing for these big procedures and the costs that will come. We’re also making lifestyle changes to ensure the treatments are more effective. However, this goal could feel less impossible or discouraging with your help.
We are asking that if you or someone you know are looking for editing services in the coming year, please consider hiring us or share this message with the bookish folks in your life. We want to use our editing earnings to fund this goal and someday soon expand our family.
So here are some details about how we can help you:
- Authors, consider looking at our services and consider hiring us so we can help you with your upcoming releases.
- As a thank you, all authors can still receive a 10% discount by signing up for our newsletter.
- Have you worked with us before? We want to give you a 20% discount, and we can’t wait to read what you’ve been working on recently.
- Not a writer or taking a break? My Etsy shop, YassStitch, is open for commissions. You can also email us, contact us, or DM on Instagram to commission a cross-stitch sampler.
- You can also support us by shopping for books! The Destiny Seeker duology and The Throwaway Queen are available wherever books are sold. We do get more royalties if you buy the books directly through us.
- We won’t say no to any donations if you just want to support us. All I can say is that we can’t thank you enough for supporting us in what has been a physically and mentally strenuous time. You can use our Wit & Travesty Venmo if you wish.
- And lastly, it would mean so much to us if you share, share, share this post. You never know how much it means to us.
We do everything we can to be there for our diverse community. Many of you have already carried, listened, comforted, and cheered us on in return—thank you. We have a feeling that you’ll always be there for us—during the good and the sad.
We’re looking to 2023 and 2024 as life changing. We certainly hope the new year is something special and good for you, too.