What up, Leute? You’ve just accessed our first contest!
Today is my birthday! Still young and with it! To honor one of my favorite days of the year, we’re holding a special manuscript editing contest.
I got to thinking: what do I always put on my birthday or Christmas wishlists? Books! As a writer and editor, I have soft spot for indie novels, and I want to learn more about what you’re currently working on. So, if you’re currently writing a novel, listen up! If you follow the rules below, a random winner will be selected to claim the ultimate prize: I will professionally edit the first 100 pages of your novel—free of charge.
How do you win? Fulfill 2+ of the rules below:
- Follow Wit & Travesty on Facebook
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe to Wit & Travesty (on your right!)
- Introduce yourself and your WIP in the comment section below. We’d like to get to know you and your manuscript, even if you don’t win. Please also include your preferred form of contact you prefer, whether it’s email, Twitter, or Instagram. This is your official entry to the contest, so fulfill this rule to be formally considered!
DEADLINE: June 26, 2016
This isn’t about getting free followers; we love meeting new friends with similar passions. We’re all about that good karma as we’re all trying to make it in the publishing world. In conclusion: we love books and bookish friends. <3
Here are few more items to get out of the way to make this contest more official:
- Learn a bit more about us here. I have a degree in English and editing, so you will not get garbage feedback from me!
- The winner must determine the time I receive the manuscript and establish a deadline—within reason.
- I specialize in fantasy, fiction, and sci-fi, but I do well with any genre.
- I will do my best to provide professional revisions and feedback. If the winner is not satisfied with the results, they cannot ask for more revisions. The winner can avoid heartache by being very specific on the types of edits he or she would prefer.
- I primarily work with Track Changes through Microsoft Word. The winner must specify if they prefer feedback through alternative means.
- If the winner wants the rest of the manuscript edited, the winner and I will negotiate the cost to edit the rest.
- If you send me published books and other gifts, I will naturally be very happy but it does not affect the selection process.
What are you waiting for? Celebrate with us! Share this on your social media to spread the word to your writing friends: