Hello, readers! Today, I wanted to show off the cover for The Throwaway Queen! I felt strongly that a) this cover would be colorful and b) it would depict a mother and child. Here, you can see my MC, Anjali, and her youngest, Sanjana. What can I say? I love having my strong female leads on the covers.
The Throwaway Queen Timeline
Here’s some information to get yourself excited for the next few steps:
July 12: ARCs go out to early readers (contact us if you’d like an ARC!)
Aug 2: Soft launch! Y’all can get the ebook for 99 cents for a limited time.
Aug 30: Hard launch AKA Pub day! Both ebook and paperback will be available!
I will also host some in-person and online events where you can meet me, buy copies, and get ’em signed! Don’t worry—I will share details as I get them.
This book is primarily for adult readers (new adult doesn’t mean “really old teens.”) If you’d like to have me visit an online or in-person book club, now is the time to chat and set something up!
The Book Description
“I don’t have to be everyone’s queen. I just want to be a mother, warrior, and partner. I won’t waste my time being anything different.”
Queen Anjali has spent two years away from her son, husband & kingdom. After dodging assassins & delivering her second child, she anticipates a triumphant return. To her dismay, she learns that King Damir has already remarried another woman.
Overcome with grief and confusion, Anjali returns home with two main objectives: reunite with her children & find out who sent assassins after her. Did someone from her court want her gone & why? Who would disturb the fragile peace between two powerful kingdoms? Queen Anjali must seek out justice to recover from the past while sifting through her options to secure her future.
THE THROWAWAY QUEEN is Whitney McGruder’s first new adult fantasy novel that delves into a world of warrior women, secret rooms, unlikely allies, and blended families.
How Can You Support?
If you’re here and ready to get your copy, there are a few ways you can help this publication day be a success! Here are some ideas.
- Add The Throwaway Queen as “To Read” on Goodreads (once it’s up!) and/or follow my Goodreads Author account.
- Following me on Amazon. You’ll get emails when I publish anything!
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Bookbub, and Storygraph.
- Attend any in-person and online book events.
- Leave an honest review for the book wherever you get it.
- Help me connect! I’d love to get on blogs, podcasts, conferences, and in bookstores.
- Share, share, share! Please introduce my work to the people in your life who love new adult fantasy. I’d also love it if you’d share your feedback and excitement about the cover/book.
Okay! There you have it. Thank you so much for being a part of the journey! Love you.